Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Having red circles on groin area. What is the required treatment?

Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5571 Questions
I have red circles on my groin area
Posted Wed, 31 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 13 minutes later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.
The most likely possibility could be a fungal infection of the skin in the affected area called as tinea cruris. In this condition, red itchy lesions occur in the groin. Treatment with topical creams of anti fungal medications such as miconazole is usually effective. You should apply the cream twice daily for about six weeks.
Please get back if you require any further information.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor