Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Having recurrence of cholesteatoma. Experiencing pain constantly and dizzy. Undergone an operation for cholesteatoma. Cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 567 Questions
My adult son has a recurrence of cholesteatoma and has had it for 2-3 years now. He has MediCal insurance and has been unable to find a doctor who will treat him. He has severe pain constantly, is dizzy and can no longer function normally. I am afraid he will die before he can get treatment. He had an operation for cholesteatoma about 6 yrs ago and the doctor told him that it would likely recur. Obviously he cannot get coverage under any insurance plan so I don't know where to go to get help for him. He says he has given up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later

I am dr XXXXXXX and will try my level best to help you.

The cost for treatment of cholesteatoma is to high here in USA, but its treatment will be cheaper in INDIA. I would recommend you to try and contact APPOLO HOSPITAL Group in INDIA. They are very well known in INDIA and facilities are also good. They have hospitals located in prime cities in INDIA.

If you are looking for the treatment option which is affordable as well as best quality I personally recommend you to opt for it.

Here is the link for the website where you can have all contact information as well as any info you need.
Thanks for the query.
Hope it helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor