Having rash on hips, armpits, one side of stomach and having back pain. Stomach hurts. Are these signs of HIV?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 11 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a rash on my hips, my two armpits, a side of my stomach and peeled away after a couple days. I don't have any other symptoms that I can describe now. the rash does not itch at all. after that like the day before yesterday I started feeling a back pain but it is not severe and my stomach hurts a little bit. I have been stressed out for like 5 to 6 months now, and the last time was when I heard that my ex was very sick and that could be an hiv signs, so I started worry very much. could this be an hiv symptoms.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Upload the images of area

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in.
The condition you are having can be tinea corporis,pityriasis versicolor,contact dermatitis etc.
All of these are relatively common condition and it does not indicate HIV related illness.If you can upload the images of the affected area it will allow to diagnose the condition better.
Also I would like to know -
Do you have fever/cough/diarrhea weight loss etc?
Do you have any other symptoms apart from those mentioned above.
Have you undergone any blood work up recently?

Answer the above questions and upload the images to help you better.
I will be available for any follow up questions.
Awaiting your response.
DrSudarshan
HIV & STD specialist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T