Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Having rash on arm. Looks like spreading and feel itchy. Remedy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2609 Questions
hello. I got this rash on my arm where it bends. its been a couple days and it seems to be spreading and very itchy.
Posted Thu, 29 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 2 hours later

Thanks for your query.

Developing any itchy rash at the bend of the arm first points towards an infective especially fungal etiology.
This is because of the occlusion effect and presence of warm and moist conditions due to two opposing surfaces.

But I would first like to have a look at the exact skin condition.
It would be of great help if you can click some close up pictures of the skin lesions and upload them here on this page. You can also email the pictures at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika XXXXXXX

Treatment of the fungal condition is essentially in the form of application of topical antifungals to which it responds very nicely and very soon.

Waiting for your response and he possible the pictures.

Dr Geetika XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor