Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Having raised and swollen wrist bone. Not fractured. Painful. What should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
I went to the hospital Friday night because my wrist bone appears to be raised and is swollen after rough housing and I got injured. The doctor said my wrist isn't broken, fractured, or dislocated. I was told to wear a brace and put ice on it for 20 minutes every 6 hours. It's been almost 4 days since I injured it. I can get the swelling around the bone to go down with ice, but the part that is raised, which appears to be bone, will not go down. It's getting increasingly more painful and the swelling is getting worse. What to do?
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

If this injury is bothering you after 4 days you should have it checked out by an orthopedic surgeon. They might want to do a CT Scan of the wrist...or an MRI or bone scan. Very small fractures can be missed on plain films of the wrist etc.

I hope this has helped.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor