Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Having pus spots at the back of the throat. Having fever and chills. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 2546 Questions
I have three pus spots in the back of my throat. I became ill Friday night with fever and chills. The following day my throat became very sore and I had fever and chills for a second night. The last two days have seen improvement. My throat is still sore but not nearly as bad as the other time I have had strep throat, and I seem to be improving. However, the pus spots still make me wonder if I should have my throat checked for strep even with the improvements. Thanks for the advice!
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 18 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. Since you have pus spots, you must get your throat examined and a throat swab sent for culture and antibiotic sensitivity.

2. Your doctor may decide about the use of antibiotics based upon the severity of symptoms or to speed up the recovery. Timely medication may also help prevent complications.

3. You may start using a medicated oral rinse for gargling.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor