Having projectile vomiting, burning throat and diarrhoea. Suggest?
I am Dr Shareef, a general surgeon.
I would like to know if the patient has taken food from outside recently. If it is so, it could be a case food poisoning. The burning throat is due to the acidic vomitus from the stomach.
Clinically projectile vomiting could also be due to some kind of intestinal obstruction, or increased intra cranial pressure. Considering the age factor, it is important to exclude these sinister possibilities.
In all probabilities, i feel that you should take your patient to your family physician and get him treated with antiemetic drugs, fluid replacements to avoid long term complications like dehydration and electrolyte imbalance.
Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you need clarifications.
I wish your patient an early recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Adult projectile vomiting causes
- Having projectile vomiting burning throat and diarrhoea suggest
- Projectile vomiting in pregnancy
- Projectile vomiting and blood pressure
- Morphine and projectile vomiting
- Heart disease and projectile vomiting
- Seizure projectile vomit feces
- Projectile vomiting causes
- Projectile vomiting crystal meth
- Stress leading to projectile vomiting