Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Having problem in pulling foreskin on penis. What is the remedy?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9573 Questions
Hello Doctor, Iam 27 year old,having problem on my penis. i am not able to bring down my upper skin of my penis not even few inches.But no problem on during urine and other.Kindly suggest me any treatment please. Am about to get into marriage life in few months.It will affect my marriage life.
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: You have What is called asPhimosis since birth. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query, I shall be happy you post your query again clarifying whether you have foreskin and you are not able to retract it completely over glans penis or whether you have no foreskin and your glans is uncovered with foreskin. Assuming that you have normal foreskin and you are not able to retract it over glans penis my answer is as follow. .This is a condition called as Phimosis. During intercourse foreskin gets retracted over glans penis while penetrating female vagina.This retracted skin acts as a sleeve during forward and backward movements of a male partner.. However if one has Phimosis there is difficulty in penetration of erected penis in to vagina and sometimes it is very painful and one is unable to enjoy sex. Please consult qualified General Surgeon or Urologist for examination .You need to get circumcised. This is a very simple surgery done under local anaesthesia as a out patient procedure. This will solve your problem permanently and will help to have enjoyable sexual life through out your life. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having problem in pulling foreskin on penis. What is the remedy? 10 minutes later
Hello Doctor, Thanks for your reply now am happy with your reply about my condition.My only concern is will i go for circumcise in this age (27).Will it give more pain or will i able to back to normal within in a week.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Go for circumcision. Detailed Answer: Thanks for follow up. Circumcision will solve your problem for forever. The wound takes 2-3 weeks to heal up completely and you can have enjoyable sex.after 3-4 weeks. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor