Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Having problem during urination. Noticed white colouration on penis. Any idea?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
I am facing problems while urinating. I am witnessing excessive pain and retention of urine during the process of urination. While urinating the foreskin of my penis balloons. The tip of my penis is excessively constricted. while urinating flow of urine is discontinuous and often it takes me much longer time to empty my bladder.

I think over the years the opening of my penis has become smaller and smaller. Also there is a formation of a white layer ring on the tip of my penis.

Please suggest a possible solution to the problem. Anticipating your quick reply.
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 4 hours later

Thanks for your query.

It appears you have phimosis. It is excessive growth of foreskin. You might need circumcision as solution.

I advice you to please see a general surgeon or an urologist who can help you out with this easily after examination of your penis and confirming the condition.

Please get back to me if there are any doubts.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having problem during urination. Noticed white colouration on penis. Any idea? 1 hour later

Thanks for your diagnosis.

What are the possible causes of phimosis.

Is there any precautionary measure that I should take for a time being to avoid furthur growth of foreskin. Is there any solution besides surgery for the problem.

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 minutes later
Hi, skin wont grow any further and you dont need to do anything to prevent further as there is unlikely chance of something happening. I advice you consult urologist or surgeon soon for remedy as surgery is only option if it is phimosis. It has to be seen and examined by doctors. Its a small procedure, hence don't worry about it. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor