Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Having pressure headaches , also strugg,ing to find a word

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 1416 Questions
Having pressure headaches, also strugg,ing to find a word or words that I need. 74 years old. Previous history of brainaneursym. Also surgery for spinal corid fluid coming from ear.
Thu, 8 Feb 2018 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Will need repeat scans and fundoscopy for signs of raised pressures

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, you may need to have freshly repeated scans either CT or MRI to look for any signs of meningeal enhancement, or increased fluids causing pressures on brain or dilated ventricles inside brain.

Fundoscopy may also be helpful to look for any signs of raised intracranial pressures.

CSF opening pressures and lumbar puncture may not be needed at this moment but detailed neurological examination to look for any signs of focal neurological deficiit should be done.

Sometimes as post surgical sequelae the rise in intracranial pressures may occur and may cause compression of brain tissue leasing to conditions like normal pressure hydrocephalus and may lead to dementia, forgetfulness, or blurring of vision or nausea.

In case of sinus blockage or fluid pooling as you mentioned can lead to spread of the infection to the meninges and thus also needs to be ruled out.

Meanwhile OTC analgesics like acetaminophen can help with the pain. Supplements for B12, folic acid and zinc can also be used. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor