Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Having pregnancy symptoms. Twinges in pelvic area. Had light bleeding. Pregnancy test negative. Suggestions?

Mar 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 4047 Questions
I am having pregnancy symptoms. I am 4 or 5 days late and I have been very fatigued and exhausted the last few days. I have sudden twinges in my lower right hip/pelvic area. I get right leg pains sometimes. constipation or loose stools. vaginal discharge. A few days I've craved milk, and I normally hate milk, but I've noticed it's starting to upset my stomach. I had light bleeding around the 1-3rd of May. I've taken pregnancy tests and they've all came back negative. I am thinking the conception would've happened either on the 25th of April or the 3rd of May.
Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us.

First of all, you need to undergo one blood test for beta HCG level to confirm pregnancy. Additionally, one Trans Vaginal Sonography (TVS scan) is required to get detailed picture on conception if your blood test gives positive result. Early home pregnancy test is less significant.

Normally, period date may alter up to 7 days. In exclusion of pregnancy, other reasons of late period are hormonal imbalance, ovarian cyst, stress/ anxiety, irregular diet habit, change in weight, pelvic/ vaginal infection, psychological factors etc.

Following above test reports, you need to consult with gynecologist for pelvic examination (if needed) & other relevant investigations to pin point the diagnosis.
Take suggestive measures & medication accordingly.

In the interim, do the following things:

1) Take healthy diet with more vegetables along with vitamin & iron supplements.
2) Keep bowel habit regular and drink plenty of fluids/ juice.
3) Try to avoid stress/ anxiety by yoga or meditation regularly.
4) Maintain genital hygiene properly and take sound sleep with complete relaxation.
5) You may require one psychological counseling to reduce depression/ anxiety.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Wish your good health & take care yourself.

Dr Soumen.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor