Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Having pink spot on penis head. What to do?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
i have pink spot on penile head
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to Healthcare magic.
The pink spots on the glass penis are most likely due to infection and can be sexually transmitted infection.
You should get a microscopic, Gram stain and culture done fro these lesion scraping and get treated by a local physician through prescription antibiotics.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having pink spot on penis head. What to do? 1 hour later
you mean hpv.but no pain or itching
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 57 minutes later
Welcome back.
Not HPV really, HPV is rough and elevated but this one is flat and smooth.
It can be fungal infection like candida or bacterial STI.
Local examination and the Gram stain and cultures would give valuble inputs.
Meanwhile start the treatment under prescription from local physician.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having pink spot on penis head. What to do? 7 minutes later
thnx am on anti fungal oin and anti viral tab for a week every four hours which been prescribed by gp .he did not do any blood test he suspect gential herpes which upsey me its aclover
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 4 hours later
Welcome back.
Acyclovir is a toxic drug and is used for herpes treatment, but the lesions are highly unlikely to be herpes either.
If at all if you continue Acyvir then drink lots of water and liquids to reduce the toxic effects on the kidneys.
I would advise you to visit a local dermatologist for finer look and relook on the treatment.
I feel local antifungal cream and oral antibiotics are more appropriate in your case.
But the final decision can be taken after a local clinical examination and the test reports.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor