Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Having pelvis discomfort. Noticed blood in stools. Which specialist to contact?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1540 Questions
I am having pelvis discomfort kinda hurts but not bad and the last two days i have had blood in my poop what could it be and what kind of doctor do I need to see ??
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
General surgeon

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your on XXXXXXX

In the scenario of abdominal pain or pelvic discomfort, it is important to get investigations done like ultrasound, urinalysis etc. Blood in stools also requires similar tests.

It seems to be colitis. Colitis can be due to many reasons.

My recommendation is that you should first see a general surgeon. He will be able to narrow down the diagnosis and will be able to recommend a super-specialist. In your case, gastroenterologist will get involved and if the kidney are getting affected than a nephrologist will get involved.

Let me know if I can assist you further.


Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor