Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Having pelvic pain. Started when pregnant. Pain is unbearable. Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 6152 Questions
I'm currently having pelvic grown pain it's in my right lower side of the pelvis and were the thigh, it first started when I was 7 months pregnant with my son until birth weeks later it went away. Feeling like it was breaking is how I'd describe it. Recently this pain has returned making it hard to do many things! When I sit for a short or long period of time ill be in so much pain walking is difficult! Opening my legs to either roll over or stick a pillow between my legs is almost unbearable. This pain has been worse on some days and better on others ! I haven't noticed anything that makes it better yesterday when just simply walking to one room to anothe is get a sharp stabbing pain in that area that would almost bring me to my knees.
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Thank you so much for this query. I am Dr. Ditah and feel honored to address your health query today. I am so sorry to hear about this severe pain in your right groin and all the XXXXXXX problems you have been through. I hope your son is doing good.

We approach groin pain by looking at all the possible structures that and found there to see which could be at the origin of this pain.You have had multiple surgeries and still have multiple medical and surgical conditions that makes the possible list of causes not feasible.

From your history, the length, nature and severity of this pain despite being on oxycodone makes it a very worrisome pain. You need a detailed questioning, physical exam and tests before coming up with a list of possible diagnosis. I take this pain very serious because being on a powerful pain medication and still having this severe pain is so concerning.

I will suggest that you go to the ER for this pain. No matter what i say, it cannot replace an urgent visit to get the exact problem identified and addressed.

I hope you find this helpful. I wish you all the best as you work on getting this pain resolved. I wish you the very best of outcomes, too.
Once more, thanks for this opportunity to contribute in your medical care.
Dr. Ditah, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor