Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Having pea sized bump inside of cheek. .What might it be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 353 Questions
I have a pea sized bump on the inside of my cheek..not painful..what might it be? it is a wartlike structure..and seems to be on the surface with no intrusion.
Posted Fri, 20 Jul 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.

Lump inside the cheek have many differentials as the features.

I would like to know,how long lump has been present and it's exact location. Do you smoke or did you ever smoke or chew tobacco?

It can be just mucocele as you are telling that it seems to be on surface with no invasion. It is usually painless. Nothing to worry about this.

Even teeth irregularity can cause lump like swelling inside the cheek. But it will be painful as tooth hurts mucosa every time during chewing movment.

If lump is present for long time, in elderly people; it is suggestive of malignancy; If following symptoms and signs are present. Look for if you develop-
1] Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
2] Unexplained numbness, loss of feeling, or pain/tenderness in any area of the face, mouth, or neck.

To arrive at correct diagnosis, thorough clinical examination[inspection and palpation] needs to be done. So consult a Primary care / dentist for clinical examination.

I hope I have answered your query. In case of doubt I shall be happy to help you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor