Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Having panic attacks. Can I take Xanex?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
my q is. I have really bad panic attacks. I need zanex but my husband is skeptical about me taking it. I need it and have taking it before. is there something over the counter I can take or can u prescribe it. thank u

I know that I need it cheaper to buy it online. and I also would like to know if there is something for pain I can take for my endo mytriosis
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.

Xanax contains alprazolam and can be used to treat anxiety and panic disorders.
You can take xanax if your doctor prescribed previously and if you didn't have any side effects previously due to the drug.
Better to take minimal dose needed.
You can use pain killers like paracetamol, ibuprofen for mild pain in endometriosis.
For severe pain you can use combination of paracetamol and codeine with your doctor's advice.
But it should be keep in mind that it can cause side effects like constipation.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor