Having painful periods and suffering from chronic pelvic pain, asthma and PCOS. What is the cure?

Dr. Arif N Khan

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Question: Hello, I need some advice please, I am in a lot of pain and discomfort down below and my GP has tried canestane but it is so painful and sore I actually feel very unwell with it, What is going on it keeps happening and I mean 3-5 times a month at least, My periods are very bad and extremely painful, I hardly have a period every month but then it goes the other way where I can have one period and then another one directly after it What's going on I do suffer from Chronic Pelvic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Asthma, Depression, Anxiety and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Kindly reply few questions... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX I have analyzed all your past medical, surgical history. Kindly reply where is the exact location of pain, as you mentioned it down below, did you mean near the vaginal area or lower abdominal area? Do you have any associated abnormal vaginal discharge (example white discharge) or itching? Do you have itching in the vaginal area? Have you undergone any scan pelvis or any other investigations? Are you sexually active, if yes have you undergone any PAPsmear test and what is the report? Please ask if you have more questions, and do write back with the answers so that I can guide you further. Awaiting your response. Regards Arif
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Arif N Khan 7 hours later
hi yes its on the outside of my vagina I have stomach pain and white colour im not sexually activie never have been
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: vaginal soreness. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for answering the questions. I have analyzed your history completely, your vaginal soreness could have been caused by sweating and friction around the vagina, so try and make sure that you wear loose clothing/ undergarments around that area. Avoid using soap and bubble bath for the time being; just wash with warm water. Keep the area clean and dry. For pain relief you can take some analgesics, I usually give ibuprofen (or any other NSAID-non steroidal anti inflammatory drug) for my patients with similar complaints. If you want to use a little moisturizer in that area, go for aloe vera gel, but only apply a small amount. Also if you develop any fever or redness or induration in that area its better to take a course of antibiotics, kindly speak with your doctor regarding this. Canasten is antifungal cream, kindly stop using the cream. It is not advisable to use the cream for more than 10 days. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Arif N Khan 8 hours later
thank you
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Welcome Detailed Answer: Hi, I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it. Thank you, Wish you good health. Regards, Dr Arif You can consult me again directly through my profile WWW.WWWW.WW