Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Having painful lump between butt cheek. Burns while peeing. On antibiotic. How to get relief?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 926 Questions
I have a painful lump between my butt cheek on the left side right beside my anal. It is very painful to sit or walk. When I pee it burns. I went to the doctor and they gave me antibiotics and said its a boil. I have been taking the medicine for a week and it has only gotten worse. It is still hard and painful I have tried sitting in hot water and even tried boil ease nothing is .
Posted Fri, 17 Aug 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 2 hours later
Hi there,

I'm sorry that you are in a lot of pain. Probably the hair follicle in the buttocks or anal region must have gotten infected and resulted in a boil. Rather than sitting in hot water etc, it would be better if you applied hot fomentation to the site of boil around 4 -5 times a day. Dip a cotton towel in hot water, wring it and apply it onto the boil intermittently. Do so for about 4-5 times in a day. I'm quite positive that you will get some relief.

Follow good perineal hygiene. After defecating , wash the anal region well with water and then keep it dry with the help of toilet paper.

You could also take over the counter medications like tylenol / brufen after food which will reduce the inflammation and thereby help in pain relief.

Drink plenty of water ,at least 8 glasses of water a day.

If it is a boil, it might soften after 3-4 days and develop a pus point , from which all the pus will be drained out.

If the pain is persisting and severe even after all these measures, please visit your physician once again.

Hope I have answered your query. In case you don't have any further queries , kindly accept my answer.

Any reviews are welcome.

Get well soon.

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor