Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Having pain under ribs. What should I do to get relief?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5767 Questions
pain on sideIve been having pain on my left.side under my ribs that goea from back to side its been there since Thanksgiving amd I now feel a ball also I dont have insurance and cant see a dr. what could it be?
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms are most likely caused by urinary tract stones or urinary tract infection. The pain starts from the one side back (with stones it starts suddenly) and radiates to the same side abdomen and even groin. Frequent urinating and burning when urinating can also appear. Sometimes blood in urine can be present.
It is advisable for you to have urine analysis, full blood work and abdominal ultrasound. If the infection is present, antibiotics should be prescribed. You should also drink more mineral water (about 2 liter a day) and use blueberry supplements. Hot baths can bring some relief.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor