Having pain under left breast radiating to back. Have had
Need some further details, my dear.
Hello and Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice,
Left-sided pain radiating to back can be a classical sign of angina. Angina happens when one or more of the vessels supplying the heart is blocked.
Some questions I would like to ask are-
What is your age?
Any history of cardiac illness?
Any test like 2D echo or treadmill test ever performed?
Can you pinpoint the site of origin of pain with your one finger or you need your fist?
Is the pain off and on?
Is pain relieved on resting?
Does pain respond to painkillers?
Is there any history of smoking alcohol intake?
Under left breast means below breast or beneath(retro)?
Any history of acid peptic disorders or gastritis?
There is two basic differential diagnosis in your case either it's cardiac related or can be gastric.
Please take your time and answer questions in details so that I can give you the best possible advice.
Could be cardiac.
The 'fist sign' is very important a patient with a cardiac origin of pain would never be able to pinpoint the site of pain by one finger would use a fist or many fingers.
Just beneath the breast means that location is typically cardiac.
Given your age also, I would suggest you go for a cardiac checkup:
If both of them comes out as normal cardiac cause is ruled out. However, it sounds like pain related to the heart.
As of now try a tablet of Tylenol with an antacid like Omeprazole. If the pain is not relieved or continues to get these tests done.
Hope I was helpful.
Follow-ups are welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic pancreatitis and recurring ribs pain
- What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
- Suggest treatment for chronic vomiting when diagnosed with gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
- Is Rabeprazole an effective medication for reflux esophagitis?
- What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest natural treatment for severe acid reflux
- What causes black stool?
- What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?