question-icon

Having pain, sweating hips and around waist line and legs. Buldging disks. Autonomice dysfuction. Do I need surgery?

Posted on Sun, 17 Nov 2013
Question: my legs give out, ostio athritice every where, sweating hips and around waist line and down legs. hardly any feeling., kicking all night 3 hours sleep per night due pain. buldging disks. autonomice dysfuction, my bones hurt so bad, I cant get help. unless surgery and that they have given on a 5 percent recovery. hip displacement. there is much more per x rays and cat scans. nerves exploding in ankles. What is wrong with me. bathroom issues, sex. im 48 and retired from wrestling and judo. I work construction when I can get out of bed. spasims , pain rules my life and I can hardly move 70 percent of the day u=but I push myself. have to pay bills. keep being let go when I cant hide it. I am begging anyone that will listen. ohio doctors see my v shaped body. I don't do drugs, drink. nothing. im about to eat a bullet. I cant take it any longer. I cant get real help at all. theres more and I I have records to back up mu issues. Ohio doctors I see al they wnt to do is give ne Celebrex. how do I afford any good medicatons if I cant make a decent living do to be so limited. I am not a quitter. ive controlled it for 20 years. I was a jumper in the military. it broke off my tail bone. Please any advice. god please before I just quit. I love life but this is not life. it is exixsting

I have many. but lets start here. no body but one doctor helped, got me back to work. im so much worse now. please be honest and please help me. I deserve it. im using a cane. sweating and meeting customers like that trying to sell my self. no good result.legs give out and im falling a lot. hips are so weak
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani (5 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into the problem I can see that you are very depressed over the situation . But sir this is very surprising that you have osteoarthritis of whole body and at this young age you are having so many issues .

Osteoarthritis hurting back at this age is very unlikely . I am doubting your diagnosis . I will advise you to see a rheumatologist in your area because in any kind of bony problem , physical examination is very important because only then we can determine the exact etiology for the pain . Has ankylosing spondylitis been ruled out .

It can be a metabolic issue also . You serum S. calcium and vitamin D3 levels needs to be tested and there supplementation will be required . You must be taking calcium and vitamin D supplements for yourself . Celebrex contains celecoxib which is an antiinflammatory drug having pain relieving action also . In my opinion you should take it .

Your thorough evaluation will be required because till this time your diagnosis is also not clear and convincing to me , as till the diagnosis is not decided treatment cannot be prescribed . As you have sweating inappropriately autonomic dysfunction also needs to be looked for .

Kindly see the doctor for it , it will not be possible to treat without proper examination and establishing the exact etiology.

Dr. Shruti
Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist