Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Having pain on left side underneath rib cage. Starting to hurt. Have abdominal pain an chest pain. What could this be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
I have been having pain on left side underneath bottom rib cage. then toy my back on left side starting hurting n Is still there, I have abdominal pain, ive had chest pain on left side on n off. what could this b
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Clinica; exam, chest x XXXXXXX EKG and cardiac ultras

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

It is important to get the right diagnosis to this concern. It could be important to know for how long you have suffering from this pain. The pain could be originating from the chest region, as well as out of the chest region.

A history of peptic ulcer disease (gastritis), or liver disease are important to be noted. These are abdominal conditions that most of time present themselves as chest pain and are commonly missed in the evaluation process.

Lung disease, infection, abscess or heart disease could cause this chest pain. A history of chest trauma, relationship pf pain to deep inspiration or expiration, relation of pain to exercise, aggravating and relieving factors and the connection of this pain to local pressure are important in the evaluation.

A chest X XXXXXXX , electrocardiogramme and cardiac ultrasound, depending on the findings of the clinical; evaluation, are sufficient for your doctor to make a right diagnosis.

The management of the chest pain shall therefore depend on the a good case history and physical examination. I advise you therefore consult your family physician, with the ideas in mind.

Please do feel very free asking any further follow up questions in case you got specific concerns. Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you the best of health.

Bain LE, MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor