Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Having pain in the inner thigh and also in groin area. Tried stretching excercises. What can be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5164 Questions
Dear doctor ,

I'm having slight pain in my left inner thigh. The pain is not intense n random. Sometimes I can Oso feel random tinge of pain in the left groin area. The left hip area aches too. Basically the pain at these area comes on n off n doesn't seemed to be connected .

I have a frequency of laying one sided.meaning supported with my elbow with weight concentrated on the left buttocks hip area.
I tried stretching excercises, only to make worse. May I know what causes this n wat can I do about it
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
I have studied your case.

Your symptoms suggest that there is involvement of you hip joint.
If you can provide more details about your symptoms, I will be better able to help you, like are you having pain during rest also, numbness in legs. Pain is aggravated on exertion.
In your history, I would like to know, any chronic illness. Steroid intake for any disorder? Alcohol intake?

Another possibility of, that you are having nerve impingement. Our spine has multiple nerves, which are supplying our whole body, due to disc bulge these nerves are compressed and leads pain, and spasm. Other causes are also possible, which include muscle sprain occurring due to exertional activity. So if possible, you consult an orthopedic surgeon for clinical examination.

When patient like you come to our clinic we advise X XXXXXXX Hip and spine and if required MRI. You will probably need painkiller and muscle relaxant.
It can be avascular necrosis or arthritis too.

Hope I have answered your query, let me know if I can assist you further.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor