Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in Testicle Problems
Question: My testicles have gone very dark red in colour there is no pain or discomfort
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 51 minutes later
Hello

I would like to know a little more about your condition to answer you better.

- Since when did you notice this?
- Did you have any fever before you noticed this?
- Is there increase in size of the testicles?

Since you do not have pain and discomfort, it is very unlikely of infective pathology. It could be a simple Hydrocele. You have to consult a surgeon, who will examine you and carry out test of fluctuation and illumination against light. This can confirm the presence of fluid around the testicles. Please get your routine urine and Blood test done.

In case you have any doubt please do not hesitate to ask me.

With Regards

Dr.Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
two days ago
have had a very bad cold and maybe a temperature
no change at all in size of testicles
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Hi Thanks for your feedback.It seems that you had fever with chills .This goes in favor of infection.(Orchitis)Please revert back after you get your Blood and Urine report.In the mean while start taking antibiotics Doxycyclin along with anti inflammatory drugs like Diclofenac You have mentioned that your blood sugar level has shoot up very recently.Please get it checked again and consult your Physician for prescription of drugs and to monitor your sugar level. With Regards
Dr.Patil