Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

123 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?

Answered by
Owl Image
Dr. P. T. Patil


Practicing since :1971

Answered : 9729 Questions

My testicles have gone very dark red in colour there is no pain or discomfort
Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 51 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

I would like to know a little more about your condition to answer you better.

- Since when did you notice this?
- Did you have any fever before you noticed this?
- Is there increase in size of the testicles?

Since you do not have pain and discomfort, it is very unlikely of infective pathology. It could be a simple Hydrocele. You have to consult a surgeon, who will examine you and carry out test of fluctuation and illumination against light. This can confirm the presence of fluid around the testicles. Please get your routine urine and Blood test done.

In case you have any doubt please do not hesitate to ask me.

With Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do? 6 hours later
two days ago
have had a very bad cold and maybe a temperature
no change at all in size of testicles
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Hi Thanks for your feedback.It seems that you had fever with chills .This goes in favor of infection.(Orchitis)Please revert back after you get your Blood and Urine report.In the mean while start taking antibiotics Doxycyclin along with anti inflammatory drugs like Diclofenac You have mentioned that your blood sugar level has shoot up very recently.Please get it checked again and consult your Physician for prescription of drugs and to monitor your sugar level. With Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Drug/Medication ,  

Recent questions on Orchitis

doctor1 MD

My left testicle has been giving me slight pain and discomfort for around a week now. Especially when I lay on my side to go to sleep, it floats substantially in front of my right testicle. When I m standing it is more elevated than my right, and...

doctor1 MD

my testicle is swelling 10 months ago and when i had FNA tb orchitis is the cause and i have taken 8 months tb theraphy the swelling is reduce but i have a stomach cramp, my intestine always disturb and there is a swell on my left abdomen is the stomach and the swelling have any connection with the tb orchtis

doctor1 MD

I'm experiencing pain in my testicles and large swelling. Do I need to visit the emergency right now or should I wait until the morning. It's painful for me to try to urinate and when I do, it's just a dribble. I recently underwent radiation for...

doctor1 MD

My one testicle has grown in size to almost twice the other one, just within the last few months. NO pain involved. (?)

doctor1 MD

Sir I am 22 years old male .I had Masturbation habit during my adolocense age (7yrs before) and completely stopped it.

After that I have very little sensation in my penis and shrinkage in it. Also I am experiencing severe physical weakness,night fall and along with mild right side testicular pain and swelling in it and hanging lower than the leftside.

I consulted a Urologist(8 months ago) he checked me and told Clinically normal and said it is epididymus-orchitis and gave some medicines and advised to elevate scrotal and i felt alright .
But after 1 or 2 months i again experinced some mild rt side testicle pain during playing and I again consulted a urologist he said im okay and there is no infection init and he gave no medicines and advised to elevate the scrotom.

But my problem is i am having Penis shrinkage and very little sensation in it and physical weakness and mild back and abdominal pain along with right side testicle pain and it is hanging lower than left side.

i am a student and i am very confused by my problems .
i feel very worried and depressed about my pblms.

I want to know the reasons and correct treatment medicines for my problems.

doctor1 MD

I have been diagnosed with epididymo orchitis and recently had an ultrasound which showed chroic inflammation with calcifications with a variocele on both sies with accompanying groin pain i am taking ciprofloxin 500mgs twice daily with prn medication will this. Go away and i have had vasectomy a number of years ago