Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Having pain in testicle. Diagnosed Iwith bulging disc in l3 and l4. Is this normal?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
I have pain in my left testicle. A physiotherapist has diagnosed I have a bulging disc in l3 and l4. Is this normal?
Posted Fri, 26 Oct 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 21 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.

It is true that a bulging disc can cause radiating pain in the testicles but without MRI spine it is very difficult to confirm a bulging disc. The cause of this testicular pain needs to be found out. The first possibility is of any inguinal hernia which may cause any testicular pain due to radiation of pain. The second possibility is of radiating pain due to kidney or bladder stones. But this is usually presenting with lumbar pain and urinary symptoms as well.

In young males, often excessive bicycle riding and prostatic infection can cause such kind of testicular pain. Sometimes sitting on an inadequately padded surface or for prolonged periods of time is causing transient irritation to the prostate which is already inflamed. This could be appearing as the pain on top of testicles.

Lastly any neurological pain as well as epididymitis and orchitis (infection of the testicles) also need to be ruled out. Hence it is mandatory to get a few investigations done. These include ultrasound lower abdomen, testicular ultrasound and color Doppler, urethral swab, PSA (prostatic specific antigen) and MRI spine test done. Best would be to get these investigations done from a urologist.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor