Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Having pain in teeth and gums. Temporary relief from medicine. Any permanent cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 393 Questions

I am having pain in my teeth/gums on the right side very much. This is happening for the last 4-5 days. I took some medicines after asking from the medical shop. After taking the medicine, I was relieved for 2-3 hours. But after that, the situation feels the same. Can you suggest some good medicines to prevent this permanently?

Also I feel that there is some food material that has been stuck in my teeth due to which it is paining. Is there any way I can remove the food material or dilute it?
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 54 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us,

I would like you to know that tooth pain is associated with infection. In your case I assume whenever food gets impacted pain starts. I will advise you to visit a dentist to get the tooth checked, antibiotics is a must to resolve infection which will be prescribed by your dentist after full mouth check up.

I will recommend warm saline rinses(3-4 times/ day).
Use an antibacterial mouth wash (twice/ day).
Do not apply any hot compresses when in pain.

I hope this answer was useful.
kindly write back if you have further queries .
I wish you good health.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor