Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Having pain in stomach and back after eating food. What could this be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 1031 Questions
About 3seconds after I swallow food. About the time it hits my stomach I feel a ache in the same spot in my lower back on the right side? Don't feel it when I swallow fluids. Only food. Don't feel it any other time. What could it be? Is it somethg that will go away?
Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 8 days later
Thanks for writing your problem to us.
This problem is called dysphagia in medical terms. It certainly need investigation. The best person to consult is a gastroenterologist. The doctor will take a detailed history about the pain & its relation to food & then it is likely that he / she will suggest you certain tests like barium swallow or may be an endoscopy. These tests are very important in making a final diagnosis of your problem. After that the doctor may suggest you specific treatment which may range from simple dietary modification to some kind of surgery, depending upon the final diagnosis.
Modern medicine may cure most problems, so you need to follow the above & you will be better.
Hope I have given you the desired response. Please write back if you have any question.
Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor