Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Having pain in shoulder. Was playing criket. Feeling jerk in arm and shoulder. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
hi , i am facing a pain in my left shoulder whenever i do some physical exercise , basically i play cricket n its my bowling arm , i gave a rest for about 6 months but when i started again , the jerk in shoulder and elbow is back , please suggest what to do , i want to keep playing , i am also a part of the team here at office .
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
An MRI scan would be needed

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

Pain in shoulder for such a long duration should not be neglected.

You may have to get an MRI scan to rule out major joint pathology or ligament injury. Treatment of such problems would include more then rest.

MRI scan would help to identify the condition and help to formulate the treatment necessary.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor