Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Having pain in right testicle and tightness in lower abdomen. Work out twice a week. Suggest the treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2581 Questions
After 30 min of sit ups, the next morning i had some unusual pain (not severe, just mild throbbing) in my right testicle (not the left at all for some reason) and also a sense of tightness in my lower abs (which was normal i guess after working out).. but this testicular throbbing (every 10 -15 min, not constant) made me a bit concerned as you could imagine - since i hadn't hurt it physically at all during the excersises.. is this normal to have a mild pain in the testicles after working out? i work out twice a week, and this is the first time ever i've felt it. It made me wonder if the lower abdomen muscle and the testicles are connected at all?!? any advice would be great, thank you. ps - i should add i am a healthy guy, with no history of STD's, same partner for 4 years now.. so i'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with any sexual problems.. but i know it's important to take notice of any pain when it's around that area. many thanks.
Posted Sat, 21 Sep 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Exercise induced injuries....

Detailed Answer:

In this context, testicular torsion would be my biggest concern. I would be very concerned if the ache is worsening with time.

In the current circumstance, if I were to be your treating doctor my approach towards you would be as follows:
1. If pain is becoming more intense, you need to visit the ER. An ultrasound scan needs to be performed at the earliest to exclude torsion.
2. If it is not hurting you then I would suggest you to drink plenty of water and take a pain killer. If that doesn't resolve the pain in a day or two, I would order urine routine and ultrasound lower abdomen and scrotal scan to rule out inflammation / subtle inguinal hernia.

In all probabilities, the pain is not related to your previous sexual intercourse.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having pain in right testicle and tightness in lower abdomen. Work out twice a week. Suggest the treatment? 2 hours later
Thank you for your reply. If it is testicular torsion, and i've twisted something during excersising, wouldn't i have felt some kind of pain at that moment? Because at the time, i had no pain whatsoever in my testicle.. it only started the following morning. And it's not extremely painful at all.. so is it unlikely to be t.torsion..?

Like i mentioned, it's a very mild throb /ache that comes and goes during the day.. (I was excersising on the Monday - 2 days ago) And it feels better today, than it did yesterday (Tuesday).. so hopefully it's on the mend. I'm not experiencing any pain that would result me in taking pain could that be a good sign? Maybe all it needs is time and rest? Appreciate the advice, i get concerned when i feel any discomfort in the genital area.. however small the problem! thank you.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
That's positive news...

Detailed Answer:
I'm very pleased to know that you are already feeling better.

In most cases testis torsion is instantaneous. But in rare cases due to continued twisting pain and other symptoms have late presentation. Though that's very rare, I was concerned about the late pain.

Now as the pain is better my first prediction of exercise induced strains looks more likely. Give it more rest and drink plenty of fluids, you should soon be pain free, say in the next couple of days. . Wear a loose fitting body garments, it can help with the recovery.

Hope this was helpful. Write back for clarification.
If you have no more concerns, please close this discussion.

Good luck...
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor