Having pain in ribs. Not cured by ibuprofen. Cause and cure?

Dr. Rajiv goel

Urologist

Posted on Sat, 2 Feb 2013 in General Health
Question: I HAVE A PAIN IN MY RIGHT SIDE IN MY RIBS FOR FOR 4 DAYS i HAVE TAKE IBUPROFEN TABLETS EVERY 4 HOURS BUT STILL IN PAIN
I
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 27 minutes later
Dear madam,

It is very difficult to exactly pinpoint the cause of your pain without examination. It may be due to acidity or lung infection or any stone in the kidney.

If the pain is because of acidity, it shall be worsened by ibuprofen.

Do you have any urinary symptoms or cough to point towards possible pathology.

I shall strongly advise you to visit emergency department to ascertain the possible cause of your pain.

You can countinue yourself on ibuprofen but kindly take some antacids also along with ibuprofen.

All the best.

Sincerely

Rajiv Goel
Follow up: Dr. Rajiv goel 2 hours later
which kind antacids the best to take aim take Rennie , my urine looks fine to me . cough sometimes and when i eat it came up same foam to my mouth
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 10 hours later
Dear madam,

It appears you are having this pain secondary to acidity. If you were to walk into my clinic I may have suggested you to start yourself on T. ranitidine 150 mg twice daily and also strongly recommended you to undergo endoscopy.
Follow up: Dr. Rajiv goel 6 hours later
My husband had goat before and gone to the doctor they give him naproxen 500g tablets and help and later came back to joints in is knees he has gone back to the doctor and they give the same tablets .But 3 week ago e bang is album arm in door and he have been with a lot pain ,do you think he had damage is bone in arm or his got goat or he should take the same tablets as his got same left last time been in doctor was 28/09/12. he does like go to the doctor like my self because the doctor looks at us like you are stupid and we feel uncomfortable
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 2 hours later
Dear madam,

Your husband can continue the medications as before but he certainly needs to see the doctor to rule out fracture.

All the best.

Sincerely

Rajiv Goel