Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Having pain in lower right abdomen. What could it be?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9620 Questions
I have lower right abdomen pain that curves around to my back.. all right side. Im trying to go to the bathroom, and when i push it hurts.
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: It culd be duet ureteric colic. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have pain in Rt lower abdomen and loin with pain and irritation while passing urine. This could be due to stone impacted in lower part of ureter. Please consult qualified urologist for clinical assessment and get following investigations done under his guidance to rule out presence of stone either in kidney or ureter. 1)Routine urine test and urine culture 2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen to rule out urinary stone. Please take broad spectrum antibiotics along with urinary anti spasmodic like Drotevarine twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report. Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician. Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria. Further treatment will depend upon results of these tests and final diagnosis. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having pain in lower right abdomen. What could it be? 46 minutes later
not when i urine.... bowel movement......
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later
Brief Answer: It could be due to Colitis. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. It could be due inflammation of colon (Colitis). Please get your stool examination done to find out nature of infection ,Please take antibiotics as suggested earlier along with anti spasmodic like Cyclopam for 3-4 days. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor