Having pain in knee cap area. Is this the place for blood clot?

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have pain /ache side of leg knee cap area but the side side of thigh . Both legs in that area . Is that where blood clot can form ?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that generally calves are the area where blood clots are formed . Generally there is swelling ,fever etc along with it if blood clot leads to thrombosis in addition to pain . But clots can form anywhere in the body . If you are worried , get a USG doppler of your legs , they will be able to tell you for any evidence of clots . Take care. Dr. Shruti