Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

197 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Having pain in heel. Is it related to plantar fascitis?

Answered by
Dr. Sathyadharan Panneer

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Practicing since :2004

Answered : 189 Questions

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi MySelf XXXXXXX, I have a Heel pain on one of my foot since last one year, i googled a bit and got to know it's related to Plantar fasciitis and visited couple of doctors and got the same response do not know how much is it true, one doctor said that i have a flat foot so due to that you started this pain now, and he sugested to wear insoles and do some hot water message and all but i am not getting relief and day by day it is becoming severe, so can you please suggest how this can be fixed i want to resume my running session, pls help and suggest some expert in Bangalore where i can go and get this rectifiy.
Answered by Dr. Sathyadharan Panneer 21 hours later
Thanks for writing in.

Heel pain is mostly Plantar Fascitis.

The causes are many - childhood structural deformities in the foot can present in later age as plantar fascitis eg.. Flat foot

- Overweight : leads to more stress over heel
- Prolonged standing
- Shoes that don't fit well or with hard heels, etc.,

Treatment is basically correcting the mechanical axis due to deformities by using insoles, lifestyle modifications - weight loss/avoiding prolonged standing, physiotherapy - hot water massage/ Interferential therapy / Ultrasound etc.,

Insoles (soft cushioned heels with medial arch support) have to be used for both indoor & outdoor activities. Weight loss is of prime importance. Hot water massage before going to bed & soon after getting from bed will reduce pain.

If the pain is not responding to these modalities even after 6 weeks, a local steroid injection at the site might be helpful in relieving the pain.

Only in resistant cases where pain is persistent, surgery is indicated. Recently there are studies with PRP (Platelet XXXXXXX Plasma) injection giving better results.

Sorry to say that I have no idea about who is doing PRP injections in Bangalore.

You could consult Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX in Banglore. Below is his link:

Feel free to ask any doubt.
Get well soon.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Prp injections

doctor1 MD

Hi, I have been dealing with pain in my right rotator cuff for a few weeks. I am an avid weight lifter and have sustained injuries to my left rotator cuff previously. I think at this current time I am just dealing with some tendonitis . I have...

doctor1 MD

I have severe arthritis in my ankles and mild arthritis in my knees. I m thinking about pursuing PRP therapy for my ankles as an alternative to knee replacement and ankle fusion surgery. I ve heard many success PRP stories. Any suggestions?

doctor1 MD

From my knees to my ankles, my legs feel heavy, tight, and achy. I just had PRP injections 9 days ago in each knee. I stretch but it won't go away. They feel like they can't support my body. Walking is tricky. Standing still for more than a couple...

doctor1 MD

Hi Have tendonitis in right ankle and wearing airboot for the past 4 weeks after PRP Injection. Have severe pain in left foot below the last finger for past 3 months. Doc says I have stress frature and suggested elevating the foot and icing. Didn t talk about any followup or treatment. what should i do?

doctor1 MD

My 14 year old son has a now, non-union fracture of the lesser tuberosity of the humerus. I have read that this is a very rare fracture. when reading the MRI findings it appears that the subscapularis is unremarkable. He had a PRP injection done into the site of the fracture to see if this would stimulate bone growth but the x-rays at 6 weeks don't look as good as had been predicted. I'm trying to decide if it is best to wait and see if he heals or to have surgery done. I understand that this is an extremely rare fracture and I have had a difficult time finding a doctor who can deal with this. Do you have advice?