Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Having pain in groin area while playing or turning hip. What this could be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
i have a pain in my Groin area for the past 18 months or so, it only effects me when i play golf when i turn on my hip. it does not effect me in any other day to day activities.

do you know what this could be ?

Thank you
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 40 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

The pain you experience in the groin after playing golf clearly indicates sprain in the muscles involved in the required action.The muscles like gluteus, Psoas, conjoint tendon etc are involved.

Daily stretching of those muscles would reduce the problem over time and finally disappear.

I have provided you a link below, which shows a series of videos of typical hip exercises.

If you have pain in the testis associated with the pain in the groin then the cause would be something different.The sudden contraction in the conjoint tendon pulls the testis up with a sudden jerk this induces mild torsion in the testis and cause pain.If this is the case then you may have to be examined by a surgeon.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor