Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Having pain in chest. Pain is more when tried to open a jar. Having back pain. Suggestions?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12678 Questions
hi doctor my name is XXXXXXX .My question is about a pain I have in my chest,on the left side near my left bicep I seem to aggravate it more every time I open a jar.
Posted Wed, 3 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 54 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain in the left bicep muscle that becomes aggravated on opening a jar seems to be due to a muscle sprain or pull.
To get relief from the pain and for quick healing:
1. Do hot fometation at the site.
2. Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day.
3. Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and local swelling or inflammation.
4. Do not lift weight or try to do exercise that involve painful muscles.
You should try local pain killer sprays. It does not seem much serious issue but pain should be controlled. There are good medicines which can be used for this purpose, your clinician would know a suitable match for you after examination

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having pain in chest. Pain is more when tried to open a jar. Having back pain. Suggestions? 11 hours later
sorry doctor but the pain is not in my left bicep but in my chest near my left bicep sorry about the confusing question,but I was trying to give a location point of reference .Sorry again, thank you
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 17 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Since the pain gets aggravated on doing a particular movement, it is likely to be due to a muscle sprain. Mild pain killers and hot fomentation should relieve the pain to a large extent in next 3-4 days. In case the pain persists then do consult a physician for a physical examination.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor