Having pain in bladder, frequent urination and noticed red dots on penis head. Normal in UTI?

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Im a male having bladder pain called my doctor today and had a urine test he thinks its a uti but I also noticed Red dots on head of my penis I do have to pee alot of times and most of the time not much comes out what do you think it is? It does not burn when I pee but at times when I'm just sitting feels like little needles / burning sensation on the head of my private area is this normal for a uti?
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 34 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
Features point towards UTI and has been proved by culture test.
Appropriate antibiotics should solve your problem.
While taking a prescription, please get your private parts examined as the redness may be infection of the glans called balantis.
Wishing you good health,

DR GS
Follow up: Dr. G.Srinivasan 45 minutes later
That's Doc I will make sure to do that just scared it could have been something different then a UTI I will see what my doctor says tomorrow. I just did not know if an UTI could cause the itching and red dots that appeared.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 10 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Examination of the part should give a clue.
Pls keep me posted on the opinion of your doctor.
DR GS

Follow up: Dr. G.Srinivasan 9 hours later
I went to the doctors today and he said they found small amount of blood in my urine and requested me to go to hospital in the morning and draw blood. He did not give me antibiotics and said not all the results of the urine came back yet. He checked my private area and said the red dots did not look like nothing having minor headaches not sure if its from the stress, he's sending me to a specialist to see if I have stones in my kidney but he really did not give me a specific answer on what's wrong. Do you still think this is uti issue ? Stds? Or stones on my kidneys I appreciate your input.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Hi
Welcome back. I could have commented better if i had a chance to see a photo of the area.
Nevertheless, let us wait for the results and start antibiotics. Please see if the redness responds to the treatment.
Otherwise, when you see the specialist for the stone, he should be able to give and answer.
STD is possible with a history of exposure, but more detailed history and clinical examination are needed.
Let us wait for the result and input by the stone specialist.
Wishing you good health
DR GS