Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Having pain in armpit, chest and shoulder. What is the underlying cause?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 706 Questions
I have pain in my right armpit that extends at times through my boob into my chest and around my right shoulder. It's been happening for months and it gets so painful I at times can't move my arm. Do you have any idea what this could be?
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 3 hours later

Thanks for the query

I have noted your problem and other medical hisotory.

The possibilities in your case are 1. cervical spondylosis with nerve compression 2. non-neurological musculoskeletal pain

This issue can be resolved by a clinical evaluation by a neurologist. He/she will do a general physical examination (to look for any local cause of pain) as well as signs of nerve compression. This in turn will help us plan investigations like nerve conduction test and/or MRI scan etc. Management will depend upon the cause identified.

Hope this clarifies your query. Please get back to me in case you have further questions in this regard

Best wishes

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor