Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Having pain in anal area. Diagnosed with initial stage of perineal abscess. Suggest medication

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
Hallo Doctor , I have pain in my anal area , I checked up with a physician and he said it is initial stage of pherinial abcess. Pl suggest suitable dose of antibiotics
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 41 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query here.

Look, you are suffering from perineal abscess.

This condition is treated by conservative approach, where medicines are preferred and surgical approach where the abscess is drained surgically. The decision depends upon the size, shape, and other clinical features.

But, you can start a good broad spectrum antibiotic like combination of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. If this medicine fails to give any result, you have to consult with a general surgeon regarding draining the abscess.

Apart from this antibiotic, you have to take a diclofenac or aceclofenac group of drug to control the pain. You have to take a pantoprazole group of drug to control gastrointestinal side effects of these drugs.

Besides, you have to do a fasting and postprandial blood sugar level estimation. If any suspicion occurs, do a HbA1C test. That will show the glycemic control for the last 3 months.

Here we cannot say the exact dose and frequency of these drugs you need. For exact dosing and frequency, consult with your treating doctor. Because, you need a prescription.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor