Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Having pain at penis tip and noticed bumps next to urethra. Any ideas?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 577 Questions
I encountered stinging pains at the tip of my penis a couple days ago now yesterday and today I've noticed two small pimple like bumps next to the urethra...I'm truly concerned...any idea?
Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 26 minutes later

It is very difficult to say without examination what exactly is the ailment you are suffering from. However, I shall be interested to know whether you recently had any intercourse; unprotected. Do you have any itching on the penis and whether your partner is also experiencing any itching or pain or discharge.

You should see urologist at the earliest and start the treatment.


Rajiv Goel
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having pain at penis tip and noticed bumps next to urethra. Any ideas? 2 hours later
First thanks for your assistance this far...To answer your questions, I haven't had intercourse in over two months and my partner has not mentioned any similar symptoms. Is there anyway I can determine just by these direct symptoms that this could be a penis ulcer or an std like herpes? I had blood work done back in sept as a yearly physical for HIV and other stds. My blood work was all negative other then having hpv and not herpes. My doctor told me hpv is maintained by a large percent if the population. Is there any correlation with my current symptoms? Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 28 minutes later

It is good to hear that all your tests were negative.

HPV is almost omnipresent in the society; everybody has it. However, it is symptomatic in only few.

What is the cause of your symptoms I am still not sure but kindly send me the picture. I shall get back to you after seeing the picture.

You can upload the image by yourself on the right side of this query page. Please utilize it.


Rajiv Goel
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor