Having pain at penis tip and noticed bumps next to urethra. Any ideas?

Dr. Rajiv goel

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Question: I encountered stinging pains at the tip of my penis a couple days ago now yesterday and today I've noticed two small pimple like bumps next to the urethra...I'm truly concerned...any idea?
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 26 minutes later
Dear,

It is very difficult to say without examination what exactly is the ailment you are suffering from. However, I shall be interested to know whether you recently had any intercourse; unprotected. Do you have any itching on the penis and whether your partner is also experiencing any itching or pain or discharge.

You should see urologist at the earliest and start the treatment.

Sincerely

Rajiv Goel
Follow up: Dr. Rajiv goel 2 hours later
First thanks for your assistance this far...To answer your questions, I haven't had intercourse in over two months and my partner has not mentioned any similar symptoms. Is there anyway I can determine just by these direct symptoms that this could be a penis ulcer or an std like herpes? I had blood work done back in sept as a yearly physical for HIV and other stds. My blood work was all negative other then having hpv and not herpes. My doctor told me hpv is maintained by a large percent if the population. Is there any correlation with my current symptoms? Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 28 minutes later
Dear,

It is good to hear that all your tests were negative.

HPV is almost omnipresent in the society; everybody has it. However, it is symptomatic in only few.

What is the cause of your symptoms I am still not sure but kindly send me the picture. I shall get back to you after seeing the picture.

You can upload the image by yourself on the right side of this query page. Please utilize it.

Sincerely

Rajiv Goel

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E