Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Having pain and pressure in eye with headache. Sinus MRI normal. What cure should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3630 Questions
i have had right eye pain and pressure. I have seen an optometrist and had a brain and sinus mri done which all say there is nothing wrong. but i stil have pain and pressure in and below my right eye. i also get alot of headaches andf some migraines. i also clench my jaw sometimes when stressed. i also feel like there is something just not right with my vision.
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

Pain in the eye associated with a sensation of increased pressure is a typical feature seen in Glaucoma.Also the other symptoms pertaining to vision you have,can be seen in Glaucoma.

Glaucoma is a condition where there is increased pressure inside the eye ball due to hampered circulation of the fluid (aqueous humour) in the eye.Sometimes the increased pressure in the eye can produce referred pain in the facial bones of the same side .This is a progressive condition and if not treated can cause nerve damage due to the pressure and affect the vision.

Do consult a Opthalmologist and get Tonometry of the affected eye done.Tonometry is a test wherein the pressure inside the eyeball is measured, if the pressure is raised then another test called Gonioscopy is done to find out the exact cause for the hampered fluid circulation and subsequent pressure built up.

Sometimes Migraines can also present with vision symptoms along with headache , treating Migraine would reduce the eye symptoms too.If you are on treatment for Migraines do get the medications revised.If not on treatment do consult your treating doctor to install a specific treatment.

Hope I answered your query.

Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor