Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Having pain and itching on right side. CAT scan showed spot on liver. Ruled out kidney stones. No overies due to hysterectomy. Cause?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1649 Questions
I've had pain in my right side and it itches and is really soar on right side,I had a ct scan and I have a spot on my liver that's concerning,I have felt this way for a month,they have ruled out kidney stones and I have no overies due to hysterectomy,what could this be?
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
fluids,fiber diet,PPI & antispasmodic.many reason.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Thanks for using XXXXXXX
I went through your query and understand the concern.

Pain in right side may be due to multiple causes. I like to exclude on by one based on the features and relevant investigations where ever required.

1. Gastric / duodenal ulcer. One of the most common cause for severe pain in right side. Usually occurs after taking any food. Needs endoscopy to visualize. If the pain is due to it then take PPI drug like tab pantoprazole, syp sucralfate and regular food habits.

2. Renal / ureteric calculi. This also cause severe pain that may radiate to inguinal region or mid thigh. This may not be visible with CT at times. Also need USG abdomen and pelvis to diagnose. If its due to calculi then have plenty of fluids, anti spasmodic drug and may require antibiotic to prevent any infection and also to stop inflammation around calculi.

3. Surgical wound healing / Suture materials. This will cause pain and will be more localized. This will take its time based on ones body's condition for complete healing. Take NSAID like ibuprofen for this.

4. If only hysterectomy they wont remove ovary. Make sure that your ovaries are also removed. If not then the cause may be due to any problem in ovary.

Apart from these there are many other causes like intestinal problem, musculo-skeletal problem etc, but these are more frequent causes. So I advice you to have plenty of fluids, fiber diet / food at frequent intervals, have PPI drug and can take one anti spasmodic drug for now. If it still persists and if worsens then get evaluated by your doctor for further management.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well.
Wish you a very happy life and good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor