Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Having pain and hydrocele on testicle. How to cure this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 14997 Questions
I was told I has a Hydro cell of the testical now it is fluid out it like a ballon and has pain with it .Have all ready had ulter sound it is large what do you do? can it bust? the Dr said not to pick up any thing heavy. I have had this for Awhile.
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 58 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

A hydrocele is a collection of fluid in a sack within the scrotom where the testes are located.
Normally they are painless but if they are very large as yours is, there may be pain associated with it. Rarely persons may also have infection.

In most cases, in persons where the fluid is only in the testes and it does not extend further into the abdomen, you can watch and wait to see if problems develop.

In your case, where you are experiencing significant discomfort , then surgical treatment is necessary.You can try using over the counter anti inflammatory pain medication to see if this helps. This would include ibuprofen/cataflam, these should be used on a full stomach.
This surgery can be done as an outpatient and does not require hospitalisation.
It may be best to visit an emergency centre which usually provides access to insured and uninsured. The persons will ensure that there are no other contributing factors to the pain such as infection and may be able to guide you as to how to receive definitive treatment.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor