Having osteoporosis and back pain. MRI scan done. What does the report suggest?
I have a. question l3-4disc dehydrated disc is seen with diffuse annular disc bulge . facet arthropathy is noted bilaterated. laminotomy defect is seen on right .and on l4-5 and l5-s1 my back hurts bad I have osteoporosis to .they what me to 1year berfoe anything can be done I have a appt with pain management Dr I had to quite my job and try for SSI I hope I. have a case I do have a lawyer XXXXXXX
Thanks for posting your query.
Your MRI findings are suggestive of a disc prolapse. The treatment is done according to the severity of symptoms. Medicines are the first line treatment along with physiotherapy. If the patient responds well with medicines then physiotherapy helps in preventing further progression of the problem. Surgery is kept as a last resort to improve the quality of life of the patient.
The main treatment of such problem is bed rest along with pain killers and muscle relaxants. Muscle relaxants can help with your symptoms if used in appropriate dosage in combination with a potent analgesic. You can get these prescribed from your orthopedician.
Local analgesic gels and hot fomentation may provide a short term relief. You can use analgesic gels like Volini gel. Exercise is not advisable in the times of acute pain.
Using an LS contour belt of appropriate size might be helpful in providing support to back muscles.
Physiotherapy also plays a major role in treating such conditions. Epidural steroid injections have been used if oral pain killers are not very effective and surgical treatment is not considered. Discuss with your orthopedician and an appropriate treatment can be planned depending on the response to medical drugs.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does my mri scan report mean
- Upper back pain and osteoporosis
- Had mri scan what are the findings in the report
- Mri scan on lower back
- Osteoporosis and lower back pain
- Low back pain mri scan done
- Having severe back pain mri scan done treatment
- Got an mri scan what does this report indicate
- Neck pain mri scan done suggestion
- Mri scan what to expect
- Swollen legs, dark patches. Have stasis dermatitis and OCD. Will I be...
- Difficulty maintaining erection, discomfort in right testicle. Should I...
- Would anesthesia used to make a patient unconscious cause hand tremor?
- Black or brown freckles on penis, flat, no discomfort. Is this normal?
- What could red spots on hairline mean?
- Testicle swollen huge and hurts to touch. Why?
- Sudden awakening from sleep, heart racing, high blood pressure, ringing...
- What kind of cancer is it when colonoscopy shows a malignant mass in...
- Itching vagina, discharge and bleeding during sex. Maybe bacterial...
- Have hypoglycemia. Want to try HCG diet. Is it safe?