Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

145 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Having only one testis visible. Does it require any treatment?

Answered by
Dr. Ashish Mittal


Practicing since :2004

Answered : 1857 Questions

Posted on Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Sexual Problems
Question: one of my cousin had a problem during his birth where he had only one testes visible and other was not visible doctor said that as he will grow it will come down .all these days he thought he only had one testes but recently he felt the presence of the other testes while sitting for bowels. and in past 1 year his other testes have come partially down.he says when he stand's or walks it is half down in sac and when sitting for bowels it comes complete in sac but when he sleeps it completely its not lose like other testes in sac but tightly held.another important thing is the size of this testes is 2 times in size of the other.he has no pain and so unsure does this cause any harm and needs treatment. one more important point is this change had happened after 30 years. please advice what he needs to do. he is hesitant to share with his family
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Evaluation needed from Urosurgeon. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress. Your cousin is having condition called un-descended testis. Testis usually descend at birth or within one year after birth. Due to that doctors wait for 1 year before any intervention. Testicles that do not descend by the time the child is 1 year old should be evaluated. Surgery should be done by this age. An undescended testicle is more likely to develop cancer, even if it is brought down into the scrotum. The other testicle is also more likely to develop cancer, even if it descended properly. Your cousin need examination and investigation by urosurgeon on pririty basis, due to following reasons: -Descend occur after 30 years. -His testis descend partially only. -It has increase in size. He need to brave, leave hesitation and meet urosurgeon. I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups. Wish you good health. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later
won't there be any symptoms if u think it can develop Cancer? if the size of testis is large is it surely cancer? in Case if its not cancer can we leave it the way it is?
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Increase size increase risk of cancer. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for follow up. Sometime cancer development can be silent clinically. Usually in cancer patient become symptomatic in advanced stage of cancer. It's good. symptoms are absent in your case. To confirm that it is not cancer, it should be evaluated by urosurgeon. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  

Recent questions on  Cryptorchidism

doctor1 MD

Sir my son is born with undescended testicle and hypospadias. and for this me and my hubby have already consulted the doctor and for undescended testicle he has asked to wait till his 1 year of age. And of course we trust our doctor but still would like to know from the expert

doctor1 MD

I'm 28 years old and feel like I am thinking through cotton wool. 6 years ago I had my T checked and it was low then (I was having Erection issues) but the doctor said it was within normal ranges.

I also find energy severely lacking in the afternoons and general motivation very difficult to muster. My latest results of total test were 9.8 nmol/L

I also had an undescended testes as a baby (surgically brought down).

I went on modafinil thinking I had adhd because of my inability to focus, poor memory and energy though it may not be the case.

How much does a healthy difference in testosterone levels make?

doctor1 MD

Hello, I'm an 80 year old man but this has been going on as long as I can remember. Sometimes, but not always, when I'm standing at the toilet waiting to urinate, as soon as the urine starts to flow, or a split second before, I feel a rush of warmth in my toes, both feet. I've looked for this on the web and a few people report it but apparently most men don't have this experience and don't know about it. I had surgery for hernia / hydrocele / undescended testicle when I was about 14 in case that has anything to do with it.

doctor1 MD

Hi, I delivered a baby on 30th nov 10. He was born with bladder extrophy with bilateral inguinal hernia with left sided inguinal undescended testis with bony penis. He was immediatly operated on 2nd dec 10 . The surgical details are : functinal closure of bladder extrophy repair ,pubic osteotomy bilaterally,left and right heriotonomy,left orchiopexy,umbicord elonyation and shifting cranially. please advise if these operations are fine also i observe a swelling on the left side testis, this increases when the baby cries

doctor1 MD

My name is XXXXXXX I am 27 years old I am male and when I was born I had cryptorchidism . U have been having unprotect sex with 1 person for 4 years and nothing has happened. Is there a I high percentage of being infertile from this procedure.. it...

doctor1 MD

Hi my name is XXXXXXX Cream, when I was 14 I had an operation to have my right testicular taken out of my pocket snipped from the core, place the testicular into the scrotum , I was told that at the age of 16 I would need to come back for...

doctor1 MD

my child is 13 years old now . but XXXXXXX is not grown .why ? what may be the problem ? if any hormone deficiency is there ? it can be corrected