Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Having one testicle. Abdominal CT scan advised. Chances of cancer?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
i have only right testis
my age is 21.
what does An Abdominal CT scan detect?
what must i do?
how to check if i have cancer?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 59 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
An abdominal computerised tomography scan is used to detect several disorders. Since you have only 1 testis, it is possible that the other testis has remained undescended from the abdomen. This undescended testis can become malignant (or cancerous) and I think this is why an abdominal CT scan has been ordered for you.

An abdominal CT will help raise the suspicion of cancer in the undescended testis. A clinical examination with an ultrasonography will help detect an abnormality in the right testis. The best way to know whether the undecended testis is cancerous or not is by biopsy of the testis.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor