Having occasional perineal pain extending from urethra to rectum .
Can be proctitis or urethritis.
Hello and thanks for using "Ask a Doctor" service for your query,
Possibly it could be proctitis. Proctitis is inflammation of the lining of the rectum.Rectum is inflamed due to bacterial invasion. On taking antibiotics these bacterias are killed so you feel relieved. Whenever Stool passes through the rectum on its way out of the body it compresses the inflamed area causing pain.
Go for stool and urine microscopy test
Proctoscopic examination of rectal canal to be done by MD.
Whether to go for colonoscopy or not would be decided by results of test.
Urine test would reflect if its urethritis or not.
Hope i was helpful,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic pancreatitis and recurring ribs pain
- What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
- Suggest treatment for chronic vomiting when diagnosed with gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
- Is Rabeprazole an effective medication for reflux esophagitis?
- What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest natural treatment for severe acid reflux
- What causes black stool?
- What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?