Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Having no periods since D&C done for particles left after birth. Suggested second D&C to remove scar tissues. What to do?

Mar 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5970 Questions
I had I baby on 4-1-13 then in 4-17-13 had to have a D&C for left over particles from birth ever since the D&C I haven't had my period, and another DRmtold me I might need a second D&C to remove scar tissues that was a result od my first D&C. My question is, is this considered medical mal practice?
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 16 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

This is not considered medical malpractice, because adhesion formation is a known complication of any D and C procedure.

D and C results in scraping off of the lining of the uterus, and the bare layers can definitely stick together resulting in adhesions and scar tissues.

One word though, apart from your question - scar tissue from a previous tissue, is best removed by a hysteroscopically guided procedure under direct vision, thereby reducing the risk of further complications.

Take care.
Feel free to discuss further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor