Having muscle spasms behind eyes. Cause?

Posted on Sat, 21 Sep 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Question: i have muscle spams behind my eyes what could be causing this
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is usually caused by muscle strain

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that your symptoms are not suggestive of any serious neurological illness.

The most likely cause of muscle spasms behind eyes is muscle strain, as would happen with less sleep, more work, especially computer use, reading, writing, etc.

The symptoms usually go away with rest and sleep over a few days. In some cases, clonazepam may be useful.

If the spasms get worse, it may lead to twitching of muscles of eyelids, in this case, Botox injections are useful.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist