Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Having movable pain in stomach. What's wrong?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1966
Answered : 4506 Questions
hi doctors my boyfriend is having stomach pain and he also had surgery in 2007 hemoraid and the pain is moving from one side to the other what is wrong with him his father had surgery on his stomach but i do not know what for. my boyfriend takes hydroco/acetaminop and ambien. he has no allergies
Posted Mon, 5 Nov 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 28 minutes later

Thanks for the query.

1. Surgery for haemorrhoid four years ago has no bearing on the stomach pain now.

2. The medicines he is taking [acetaminophen/Hydrocodone; zolpidem (ambien)] are less likely to contribute.

3. The description of the pain is not detailed enough to lead to a diagnosis. Please specify the type, nature, exact location, the duration, progress of pain and it's relation with food, stools and urination.

4. It is not possible to relate to the family - unless, the diagnosis of his father's surgery is known

5. In this circumstance, the best approach will be to investigate - urine, stool and blood tests / Ultrasonography and/or endoscopy. The aforementioned tests are warranted if his pain is acute. His physician can streamline the test.

6. In the mean time, he can take OTC for medicine for colic (e.g. hyoscine) and acid suppressors (e.g. omeprazole).

Hope this answers your query. Should you have any other concerns, I will be glad to help.

Good luck!!!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor