Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Having movable lump in lower hand of back, tender to touch. What could it be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
I have a lump on my mid/lower right hand side of my back. Very sire n tender to touch roughly . Very hard and movescm long, 2cm wide and moveable. Can you shed some light x
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
If the lump has been there for long; say for years- it may be a lipoma or a nourofibroma irritating a nerve to cause pain.
If it is there for long and has become painful lately it may be an infected cyst.
And lastly if it appeared a few days ago and started with pain then it must be a furuncle, which is a skin infection.
In all the three cases you should get yourself examined by a surgeon and get treated in person.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor